The Bronx Blogger

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Hot Tip for Hungry Diners

Tonight I celebrated my mother's birthday at Roberto's, an Italian restaurant in the Arthur Avenue/Belmont neighborhood of the Bronx.

It's the best meal I've had in the neighborhood.

The restaurant is great. It's in a new location, on the other end of Crescent Avenue from where it used to be. It's about one block from Arthur Avenue in the shadow of the looming fortress-like complex of St. Barnabas Hospital.

The new location boasts a small, elegant bar near the entrance, and a sophisticated yet low-key decor with beautiful accents and exposed-brick walls. I had to remind myself once or twice that I was eating on Crescent Avenue in the Bronx and not on West Broadway in SoHo.

The appetizers, the wine, the bread, and the entrees were tasty and filling. Here's a review that you can peruse, here's a diners' ratings webpage for Roberto's, and here's a webpage for the restaurant that has information such as the address and the regular menu (the pictures are of the old location several blocks away, which no longer exists).

Mangia bene!